Looking for ideas for a marker dedication ceremony? See below for examples of press releases, invitations and programs.

Found a faded marker that needs repainting? See below for a supply list, instructions and a video on how to refinish a marker.

If you need to move a marker, use the Marker Relocation Form in Word Doc (or PDF). The form must have the County Historical Commission permission.

To order a replacement for a damaged or missing marker, including replacement parts for Texas Centennial markers, use the Marker Replacement Form in Word Doc (or PDF). The form must have the County Historical Commission permission. To add or correct information on a marker (up to 25 words in length), use the Supplemental Plaque Form in Word Doc (or PDF).

Found a mistake on a marker? See below for more information on how to request that the THC review a marker (Word Doc) (PDF) for a possible correction.

2020 Amendment Relocation Replacement Retirement Procedures (PDF)

Original files of Texas historical marker applications are housed at the THC Library, and inscriptions and location information for individual markers can be accessed through the Texas Historic Sites Atlas.

To request a copy or scan of a marker file, please email markers@thc.texas.gov with the name of the marker, county and your contact information.