Located on five acres east of Orange Grove in Nueces County, this site was named after the Lipan Apaches that camped in the vicinity. In 1831, a picket fort was constructed by Mexican forces in anticipation of Anglo immigration. In 1835, the small guard force that held the fort surrendered it to the Texan forces without a shot being fired. The site has no interpretation (other than the historical marker) and no services for visitors.

location pin icon

Location

Lipantitlan Park Road 
Sandia, TX 78383 
936-870-6180  
Contact us
See map

clock icon

Hours

Open daily 
9 a.m.–5 p.m. 

tickets icon

Tickets

Free