The 2022 reporting cycle is now closed! We thank all County Historical Commissions (CHCs) who submitted an annual report. This page will be updated when the next annual reporting cycle begins. See a list of CHCs who have submitted an annual report each reporting cycle here.
Reporting Responsibilities for CHC Chairs
Annual reporting to the Texas Historical Commission (THC) is a statutory requirement for County Historical Commissions (CHC). As a courtesy, the CHC Outreach Program provides a report to expedite this statutory responsibility and maintain reporting consistency. CHC chairs are the THC's point of contact for annual reporting and should note the following:
- Submit a completed annual report to the THC on or before March 31, 2023.
- The weblink to complete the report is not made public. On January 2, 2023, CHC chairs will be emailed the weblink to complete the annual report online using SurveyMonkey. CHC chairs who do not have an email address on file with the THC will receive reporting notifications by mail.
- If the chair delegates annual report completion to another individual, it is the chair's responsibility, not Outreach Program staff, to forward reporting instructions to the individual completing the report.
- Reporting is a statutory responsibility for all CHCs. If your CHC is inactive, a report is still required.
Preparing for the Annual Report
Gathering the following reference material prior to beginning the annual report will streamline the process:
- The number of appointees who served on the CHC during 2022.
- A thorough understanding of CHC projects and accomplishments for 2022.
- Budget and treasury reports for 2022.
- A list of educational and training opportunities attended in 2022.
- Volunteer hours accumulated in 2022.
- A list of preservation work undertaken by the CHC or others on publicly owned structures including courthouses, parks, plazas, jails, schools, etc. in 2022.
- A list of partners the CHC actively worked with in 2022.
How to Access and Submit the Annual Report
Although we strongly urge chairs to submit the report online using SurveyMonkey, we understand this may not be feasible for all CHCs. Because of this, we have provided three options for submitting the report.
- Submit your annual report online: CHC chairs who have an email address on file with the THC will be emailed a SurveyMonkey weblink on January 2, 2023, to complete the report online.
- Submit your annual report by email: Open the annual report template provided below, type in answers, and email the completed report to Outreach Program Specialist, Jaclyn Zapata (email@example.com).
- Submit your annual report by mail: Print the annual report template provided below, write in your answers, and mail a copy to the THC (Attn: Jaclyn Zapata, THC, PO Box 12276, Austin, Texas 78711).
Annual Reporting Template- Word version
Annual Reporting Template- PDF version
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE ANNUAL REPORT. SUBMIT ONE REPORT BY EITHER SURVEYMONKEY, EMAIL, OR MAIL. DO NOT EDIT OR ALTER THE ANNUAL REPORT TEMPLATE, QUESTIONS, OR ANSWER CHOICES. IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON A QUESTION, DO SO WITHIN THE ASSIGNED COMMENT BOXES.