EL PASO, Texas —
The Magoffin Home State Historic Site will reopen to the public on a six-day schedule starting November 27, 2022, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The historic home and visitors center will be open for tours Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Guided and self-guided tours of El Paso's oldest residential building are available every half hour. The tour focuses on El Paso history through the lens of three distinct generations of Magoffin family members whose stories touch on community engagement, military service, volunteerism, historic preservation, and the development of the El Paso art scene.
Regularly scheduled programs at the site include:
- Free community yoga on the second, fourth, and fifth Saturday of the month
- A cooking class inspired by the 1898 El Paso Cookbook brings a historical recipe to life on the first Saturday of each month.
- “Make-a-Thing" on the third Saturday of each month explores crafts and hobbies inspired by the Magoffin Home's history and collection.
- Book lovers can't miss our second Saturday afternoon Victorian Book Club—a chance to chat literature over tea and pastry.
- One Wednesday a month, a free Brown-Bag Brain Trust features 30-minute lectures on historical topics. These lectures bring in leading historians and experts and include a robust Q&A.
Tickets to the Magoffin Home are $7 for adults, with discounts available for children, groups, families, seniors, veterans, and military members and their families.
Please visit www.VisitMagoffinHome.com or call 915-533-5147 for more information.