The Texas Historical Commission (THC) is committed to ensuring that women, minority and service-disabled-veteran-owned businesses get a fair opportunity to compete for all contracts directly—and indirectly through subcontracting. The goal of the State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program is to promote full and equal business opportunities for all Texas certified HUBs, to remedy disparity in state procurement and contracting.
In procuring goods and services through contracts, the THC makes a good faith effort to meet or exceed statewide goals for HUB participation for the contracts that the agency expects to award in any appropriation year. The THC bases its HUB goals on the following statewide goals established by the Comptroller of Public Accounts:
- 11.2 percent for heavy construction other than building contracts;
- 21.1 percent for all building construction, including general contractors and operative builders' contracts;
- 32.9 percent for all special trade construction contracts;
- 23.7 percent for all professional services contracts;
- 26.0 percent for all other services and contracts; and
- 21.1 percent for commodities contracts.
For more details or assistance on the THC's Historically Underutilized Business Opportunities Program, please contact Melissa Ramos at (512) 463-7748.